As we begin a new year, we are developing new things to go along with it. Technology continuous to advance, fashion styles evolve, and web design gets an update. The world of web design is constantly changing and if you want to be on top of your game, it is important to be aware of all the latest trends. In this post, we will uncover seven web design trends that will be prevalent in 2017.
- Big And Bold Type: Web designers have come to notice that content is hugely important in marketing and thus more of the design focus should be on content. This year, expect to see lots of type that is big and bold. Designers are striving to make the type as bold as the statement that is being made in the content. When designing type, keep the wording short, concise, and significant.
- More Color: We are not only going to see more color in web design, it’s going to be brighter too. In 2016, we saw the rise of minimalism, yet with personality infused in the design. Just look at the way Instagram redesigned its logo. What’s different about it? It’s bright and more colorful. You can expect to see more web designers follow suit.
- Even More Humanized Design: We have seen a rapid expansion in the way companies have began to humanize their brands. They have seen tremendously positive results when they gave their target audience and followers an inside look at the behind-the-scenes action of the company. They gave the public a peek at the face behind the brand. Expect to see more humanized web design too.
- Unique Layouts: We are witnessing a serious shift from typical box-centric design and seeing web designers get more creative with the layouts. Web designers are pairing content with images that are seemingly random or placed abstractly. Flat design is dead. Web design layouts are more artistic and professionals in the industry are looking for new ways to “think-outside-the-box” with their overlapping graphical elements.
- Back to Basics: For the last few years, we have seen a lot of emphasis on all the extras like social media buttons, call-to-actions, popups, comment sections, and sidebars. This year, there will be a shift back to basics. More websites are focusing heavily on content. This either means that we will make an effort to remove everything else that could be deemed a distraction or just make sure they take up less real estate.
- More Patterns, Lines, And Shapes: Since patterns, lines, and shapes did so well in web design last year, we can anticipate that they will take off in 2017. We will see design that is comprised mainly of lines and patterns and images that are in circle form or some other geometrical shape. As stated before, personality is playing a huge role in design and we can also expect to see more “fat” design in the type, shape, and content.
- Extra Animation and Use of GIFS: Both animation and GIFS have been used for years (particularly on social media), but now we will see them both get a more sophisticated makeover. Animation is a great way to explain how things work or how to do something. It makes the experience on a website more engaging and interactive. GIFS and animation will be important tools used in 2017 to make communication more effective.
Curious about more trends that will takeover web design in 2017? Don’t hesitate to contact us today. Our team is committed to taking design to the next level and helping our clients get the sleekest, most cutting edge design for their online presence. Get a hold of us today with any questions you may have.