In an age when advertising is everywhere, it’s getting harder and harder to capture people’s attention. Digital displays are one type of advertising that stands out and helps you call attention to your message. Large companies are already using sophisticated digital displays on billboards in urban areas, transportation hubs, and other high-traffic areas. As this technology gets less expensive, it’s now accessible for small and mid-sized businesses as well. Let’s look at some of the benefits of digital displays to get attention for your business.
- Noticeable – The most obvious advantage of digital displays is that they’re more noticeable than conventional signs and displays. Whether you’re creating a display in your store or in a public place, you can grab people’s attention more readily than with any kind of traditional sign. You can use HD images and videos, a variety of colors, and special effects that people are more likely to notice than static signs.
- Interactive – Digital signs can be interactive as well as captivating. The cosmetics chain Sephora uses high-tech digital displays to help customers find what they’re looking for and to entice them into investigating different products and displays. This is a psychological tactic that makes customers feel more involved as soon as they enter the store. There are many ways businesses can make digital displays interactive. You can provide customer support, let customers search for products, tell people where to find departments, and more.
- Improve Sales – According to one study, 80% of brands using digital signage noticed a significant increase in sales.
- Fit More Content in One Place – Traditional signs only allow you so much space. A digital display, however, is more like a website. You can include as much information as you want, whether it’s product listings, schedules for employees, transportation timetables, or anything else.
- Improve Efficiency – Because digital displays are such an efficient way to convey information, they help you operate more quickly and reduce wait times for customers. In many cases, customers can access information digitally rather than needing to interact with a sales associate. If customers are waiting for help, digital displays are an entertaining way to pass the time.
- Connect With Employees – Digital displays are useful for connecting with employees and team members as well as customers. Rather than (or in addition to) sending out emails or text messages, display timely information in public areas. Tell people about meetings, schedules, special events, and task priorities. This information can be readily updated as necessary.
- Easy to Edit – With traditional signs and printed material, you need to create a new version every time you make a change. This is costly and time-consuming. With digital displays, you can edit your signs as quickly as a document on your laptop or a text message on your phone. This is a major advantage for businesses that want to promote a variety of products, offers, or events. Restaurants, for example, can readily change menus and featured specials on digital signs.
- Create a Consistent Message in Multiple Locations – Another advantage of digital displays is that you can easily manage the messages across locations. This is useful if you have multiple branches of a store or you’re posting signs in several cities at once. Rather than having to put up new signs manually, you can simply create the content online and post it to your displays.
- Increases Your Brand’s Prestige – Using digital displays shows your customers, employees, and everyone else that you’re at the leading edge. This is a powerful branding tool that helps you stand apart and build your reputation.
These are some of the reasons that digital displays are such a good idea for all types of businesses. If you’re looking for a way to make a stronger impact and convey information more efficiently, it’s well worth considering this strategy.
BWS Technologies provides a wide range of business services for small and medium-sized companies: contact us.